1. Inside of the “Administration Block”, click on: “Settings”
2. Choose the “Category” you would like the class to appear in. This is used for organizational purposes.
3. Enter the “Course Full Name” that will appear on the “Available Courses” list when a user first logs in. Enter the “Course short name” (i.e. Math 101). Enter in the “Course I.D. number” (optional), and then write a “Summary” of the course that will appear in the “Available Courses” outline, next to the Course full name.
4. Choose the “Format” that class will be set up in. Typically, only “Weekly format” and “Topics format” are used.
5. Choose the “Number of weeks/topics” for the course, and then enter in the “Course start date”.
6. Decide how you would like hidden sections to be displayed to students. By default, they are shown in “Collapsed form”; however, hidden sections can be completely invisible to students.
7. Choose how many news items you would like to show up in the courses “News Forum”. This number can be from 0 – 10. Also decide if grades will be shown in this course. If a teacher is interested in not using or showing grades to the students, change “Show Grades” from Yes to No.
8. “Activity Reports” can be shown to everyone enrolled in the course to show activity in the course. Typically, this option in left on “No”
9. Choose the “Maximum upload size” for attachments within the course. The default setting is also the maximum, at 2GB.
10. Choose if this course will be a “Meta Course”. Only choose this option if you are enrolling enter course rather than single students. When creating a “Meta Course”, all users enrolled in a course that is put into the meta course are automatically enrolled in it as well.
11. Skip over the “Enrolments” section for simple course setup. For more details on custom enrollments, please contact AMVONET Tech support.
12. Enrolment expiry notification is set to “NO” as default. Please skip over this section for simple course setup.
13. IF GROUPS ARE GOING TO BE USED IN THE COURSE, PLEASE SEE THE “CREATING GROUPS” DOCUMENTATION
14. For simple course setup, Skip over the “Availability” section. If you would like to “Hide” this course from the view of students, change the “Availability” settings from “This course is available to students” to “This course is NOT available to students”.
15. To create a password to keep unwanted users out of the course, create an “Enrolment Key” that students will need to enter before being enrolled in the course.
16. To allow guest access to the course, change the “Guest Access” from the default “Do not allow guests” to one of the other two options in the dropdown menu. Guests can enter the course by selecting the “Login as guest” button from the login screen. They will have “Read ONLY” access to the courses.
17. Please see the “Assigning Roles” documentation on how to assign users to the course.
18. Click “Save Changes” when finished. You will be directed to the course to assign roles. Please see the “Assigning Roles” Documentation.