1. Click on “Grades” in the Administration block.
2. Click on the dropdown menu entitled “Choose an action…” in the upper left side of the window. From this, choose: “Categories and Items”
3. Click on “Grade Item” in the middle of the window.
4. Enter in the “Item Name”. This name of the category that the grade will be put into within the grade book.
5. Keep the “Grade Type” on “Value”. However, if you wish to use a different grading type, you can change it.
6. You can adjust the Maximum grand and the Minimum grade. (or, keep it on the default)
7. You may skip over the “Parent Category Section”, and click “Save Changes” once finished.
8. You will see the new course listed in with all of the grades