Within each course built in AMVONET, each teacher has the ability to create an “Independent course outline”, which includes the ability to populate their course with different “Blocks”. Blocks can be added to either the Right hand side or Left hand side of the main course page – these can be moved using the tools within each block.
Below is a list and explanation of the common blocks used in AMVONET. If there is a specific block that you do not see, but would like additional information on, please contact AMVONET for more details (330.821.7117)
To ADD, DELETE, MOVE, or EDIT a box, start by clicking the “Turn Editing On…” button located in the upper right corner of the course page.
A new “Block” titled “BLOCKS” will appear on the right side of the page, below any additional Blocks that may already be present on the page.
1. ACTIVITIES: The Activities block will show the different types of “Activities” that are all present in the course outline. When a student clicks on one of these “Activities” (i.e. Assignments, Forums, Live Sessions, Quizzes), they will be taken to a list of all the respective “Activities” posted throughout the course outline.
2. ADMINISTRATION: The administration block allows for multiple functions. These functions are described in more detail in the Administration document.
3. ATTENDANCE: The attendance block allows for taking attendance, report and adjusting the settings. An attendance activity must first be created within the weekly outline.
4. BLOG MENU: The Blog Menu block displays actions for adding, viewing and setting blog preferences. Each of these activities will display additional screens.
5. CALENDAR: The Calendar can be used to organize and display certain events for the course. Site wide events can be accessed here too.
6. COURSE/SITE DESCRIPTION: This block provides the ability to edit the course settings. Click on the pencil to enable editing.
7. COURSES: This block displays all of ‘My courses’ with ability to click into each one.
8. HTML: This block allows for creating customized blocks.
9. LATEST NEWS: The Latest News block is integrated with the Latest News Forum. New topics may be added directly from this block. Any new “News Items” will be directly linked to the “News Forum” of the course. A copy of the message (or “news item”) will be sent via e-mail to all enrolled participants in the course.
10. MESSAGES: Any messages for users will display in this block. Click the messages link to view contacts, search a contact and adjust settings.
11. ONLINE USERS: This Block will show other participants who are accessing the course at that exact moment.
12. PARTICIPANTS: The Participants block will link you to a list of all participants enrolled in the course, along with when they last accessed the course. From this list, you are able to view the participant’s profiles and send them messages.
13. QUIZ RESULTS: This block displays a quiz result. To configure a quiz click on the pencil and to view more quiz detail click on the quiz name link. Multiple quiz result blocks can be displayed.
14. RECENT ACTIVITY: The recent activity block displays all activity since a selected time. This time can be modified by clicking on the “Full report of recent activity…”.activity since a selected time. This time can be modified by clicking on the “Full report of recent activity…”.
15. REMOTE RSS FEEDS: This block allows for adding remote news feeds. Click on the pencil to configure this block.
16. SEARCH FORUM: The Search Forum block allows for searching a particular forum or advanced search by particular phrase, etc.
17. SECTION LINKS: This block allows for jumping to different sections within the weekly outline by clicking on the specific section number or the current section.
18. UPCOMING EVENTS: The Upcoming Events block is tied directly to the calendar, and provides a way to list out the immediate next events on the calendar. New items can be added directly to here and are automatically linked to the Calendar.