When in an AMVONET Room, the environment can be divided up into four different sections. The User List (1) is located on the left side of the screen, the top right half of the screen is the Presentation Area (2), the bottom right side is the Text Chat Area (3), and below that are the Response Tools (4).
Overview of Screen
1. The User List - The User List displays all current participants in the AMVONET Room
- Located at the top of the User List, the various Permissions are divided into several columns. At the top of each column is an Icon that represents a different functionality within an AMVONET Room. Moving from LEFT to RIGHT across the top:
- Yes/No – Note: This is a feedback only column
- Emoticon – Note: This is a feedback only column
- Whiteboard / Presentation Screen Drawing Tools
- Public Chat
- Private Chat
User List Bottom Toolbar
- Located at the bottom of the User List, the Bottom Tool Bar provides access to additional functionality in an AMVONET Room. The majority of these actions require selecting a user(s) within the User List to initiate the action. Each action is represented by an Icon. Moving from LEFT to RIGHT across the bottom:
- Presenter Rights
- Private Text Chat with select user
- Private Audio Chat between two select users
- Share Desktop
- Create Breakout Groups with select users
- Ring to all or to a select user
- Audio/Video chat mode
2. Presentation Area –Contains several tabs to manage all aspects of the presentation.
- Located at the top of the entire Presentation Screen are Six different tabs to manage different aspects of a presentation in an AMVONET Room. The six tabs, moving from LEFT to RIGHT are as follows:
- Presentation: The Presentation Tab will contain the published material that the instructor chooses. NOTE: Whatever is on the Presentation Tab will be visible to students and captured during Recording.
- Content: The Content Tab is where the instructor can manage their content, upload new content, and view/publish student’s content.
- Media Library: The Media Library links to the Media Library and file structure found in AMVONET Manage. Files can be sent to students in a Live Session.
- Grades: The Grades Tab will open up the same Grade Book that is found in AMVONET Manage. New Grades can be assigned from a Live Session, and will be put into the students Grade Book.
- Tests: The Tests Tab provides access to Quizzes that were created in AMVONET Manage. Instructors can send out these Quizzes during a Live Session for students to take. Quizzes will be automatically graded and put into students’ grade books.
Surveys can also be created and sent out for quick feedback.
- CoBrowsing: The CoBrowsing Tab allows the instructor to navigate through the Internet and websites, and displays all movement on the students’ side.
3. Text Chat – Sending both Public Text Chats and Private Text Chats.
Public Text Chat
- Public Text Chats can be seen by everyone in an AMVONET Room. The instructor must enable this permission for students to use it.
Private Text Chat
- Private Text Chat is a private message that is sent to another user. Students can send Private Text Chats to the instructor at any time, however, the instructor must enable the permissions for students to Private Text Chat with each other.
4. Response Tools – Provide quick feedback and responses to the instructor and other users in an AMVONET Room.
Quick Response Tools
- Located directly under the Text Chat, the Quick Responses Tools allow students to provide input to the instructor and the class without the teacher having to turn on their Audio/Video. These are designed to give a quick, visual reference. Moving from LEFT to RIGHT, the six icons are as follows:
- Green ‘YES’ Circle
- Red ‘NO’ X
- Raise Hand
- Remove all Answers
- Remove all Hands
- Located directly under the Text Chat on the Right, these Additional Tools designed to aid in an AMVONET Room. Starting in the top row on the left, moving clockwise, the icons are as follows:
- Send your Question to Tech Support (Request Support)*
- Step Out from Session
- Dismiss User
- Access to the Consul (for notification, alerts, messages, etc.)
- The Virtual Printer Quire
- Ping Meter (Connection Quality)
- Pause Button (for recording)
- Record Button
*On demand tech support does not come standard in AMVONET. Please contact your account representative for more details.