A remote RSS Feed block can be added inside of your course to bring in an RSS of an external website.
1. Start by clicking the “Turn Editing On” button.
2. Click on the “Add…” dropdown menu in the “Blocks” block, and choose “Remote RSS Feed”.
3. In the middle of the “Remote News Feed” block, click on “Click here to configure this block to display RSS Feed”
4. Click on the “Manage all my feeds” tab in the middle of the page to add/delete a feed from the list.
5. Copy/Paste or enter in the URL of the RSS that you wish to display in the “Add a news feed URL:” field. You can also enter in a “custom title” that would be used to display the feed updates, however, it is recommended to leave this field blank.
6. You may also validate the RSS feed by clicking “Validate Feed”, where the system will automatically confirm a successful connection.
7. Click “Add” when finished.
8. Click on the “Configure this block” tab to finish configuring the settings.
9. Enter in the setting for the RSS feed, making sure to CHECK THE BOX(S) for the feeds you would like displayed. Click “Save Changes” when finished.
10. The Block will now display the RSS Feed on the course page.